Creating products is hard
- Your stakeholders come with unrelated feature ideas?
- Your customers/users don’t see the value of the features you and your team delivered?
- Your development team spends countless hours over-engineering the solution?
These are the most common symptoms of a missing product strategy. I’m going to help you to develop an actionable product strategy.
Requirements for good product management
To build products that customers love, you first have to truly understand your customers.
This means active listening, not talking!
Outcome-focused Product KPI
Revenue is a lagging indicator. Therefore it’s not a good metric to align your team.
You need KPI that:
- allow for a quick inspect and adapt cycle
- is focused on the value for your users
Strategy Creation & Communication
When you have your Product KPI it’s important to clearly communicate how you want to get there.
This is also your biggest argument when saying no.